These simple, straight forward rules exist for the benefit of
the entire league - its participants and fans.
- A trade may occur if the Captains of two teams agree to it. The trade
must first be passed through the league office and approved by the commissioners
and a witness. Players have no right to a no-trade clause, however their
Captain will contact them if a situation arrives.
The trade deadline is Monday, Jan. 9th at midnight.
in the best interest of league parity and player satisfaction.
- A player may come out of retirement and
rejoin his club only if there is room (maximum 14 players per club)
Games. All calls are at the discretion of the referee...
- A player missing more than 4 games will
be required to withdraw from the league.
- To be eligible to play in a game after school, players must attend
at least one full class that day.
- The referee has the authority to issue penalties for unsportsmanlike
conduct during games.
- Sticks are to remain below the waist at all times (games, warmups
and sidelines). Repeated violations may result in the awarding of a penalty
- No slapshots. The referee will decide if a slaphsot has been taken,
at which point possession will be awarded to the opposing team from the
point of the infraction.
- Jerseys and RSGC-issued/approved hockey helmets with full cages MUST be worn by all players
while in play.
- Where a visible goal crease is present, no player other than the goalie may enter the crease. Possession will be awarded to the non-offending team.
- Players must play a minimum of 9 games (at least half the season) to
be eligible for post-season play.
- Foul language is NOT tolerated and may result in a game misconduct.
- Respect will be shown for Junior students, parents, cars, and all
others who use the tarmac.
- a) If a player touches a ball with a hand or foot in attempt to control
or direct the ball and it goes in the net, the goal shall be disallowed.
Whether the player tries to put the ball down or kick it to a teammate
does not matter
he is still attempting to direct or contact the ball in some way.
b) If the ball contacts the player and goes in the net without that
player making any attempt to contact the ball, it shall be ruled a
- Fan seating is on a first-come, first-served, basis. Players are asked
to limit the number of friends and relatives to four per game.
- Playoff qualifying positions:
- All four teams qualify for playoffs.
- Regular season rankings are decided first by total points, then by head-to-head W-L record, then by point differential, then by fewest goals against, then by most goals for.
- Playoff format involves two semi-final match-ups followed by the Love Cup Championship.
- Semi-Final match-ups are decided as follows:
Each semi-final match-up exists as a best of three series.
Game one and Game two are played as normal 40 minute games. If tied at end of regulation a 5 minute sudden death overtime period will be played. If still tied after the overtime, the game will be decided by shootout.
Game three notes:
- First place team vs. Fourth place team
- Second place team vs. Third place team
The Love Cup Championship is a best of three series between the winner of each semi-final.
- If Game Three is tied after regulation one 5-minute overtime period is to be played (non-sudden death format)
- If Game Three is tied after the first 5-minute overtime period, a second 5 minute overtime period is played (sudden death format)
- If Game Three is tied after the second 5-minute sudden death overtime period, a shootout takes place.
- Rules #4, #5, and #6 apply to the Love Cup Championship series.